The upper back also called the thoracic back suffers from pain most often due to stress for long hours of bend sitting or muscle spasm. The thoracic spine is also vulnerable to bulging disc or herniated disc too. For any kind of back pain, exercises are the best remedy and its not only the alternative practitioners who will advice you the back pain exercises, but the regular doctors too prefer exercise to medicines for relief of pain and injury.
Here are some exercises to relieve the stress and pain of your upper back:
1. Pectoralis Stretch: Stand straight in a doorway and hold your above, your head in a straight position. Lean towards the forward direction till you feel some kind of stretch on your shoulders. Stay in this position for 30 seconds and relax slowly. Repeat it three four time again.
2. Thoracic Extension: Sit straight on a chair and clasp both the arms behind the head. After that, very gently stretch backward to look at the ceiling. Keep yourself in this position for ten seconds and repeat it five times.
3. Mid-trap Exercise: Lie flat over the stomach with a folded pillow under the chest position. Now keep your rotated arms straight and raise your hand towards the ceiling. The shoulders get squeezed and the blades come closer. Lower the arms gently after 10 seconds. Repeat it for three times.
4. Thoracic Stretch: Sit straight on floor and your legs too straight in front of you. Hold the thighs with your hands and curl forward your neck towards the belly. Hold this position for 10-15 seconds. Relax and repeat it for 4-5 times.
5. Rowing Exercise: Catch hold of a light weight material like a short rod or something like that. Exert your hands position as if you are rowing a boat. These exercises for upper back pain help in relieving the muscles from stress and also the vertebra bones to decompress.